Friday, March 5, 2010

You can have my iPod (and my cross rib roast) ...

when you pry them from my cold, dead hands. A great piece by Brian Lilley at MercatorNet, re: mandatory mortifications (a.k.a. carbon fasts) in homage to Gaia via the Climate Change Church of Settled Science.

Whereas the Church suggests that you lay off the cheeseburgers on Friday and not covet your neighbour's flat screen TV as part of your plan for eternal salvation, the environmental movement proposes to tax both the burger and the flat screen and force McDonald's to sell falafels on Mondays all in the name of carbon emissions. The old saying is that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, but some days I think the greens missed that lesson, and, assuming that honey was oppressive to both bees and flies, decided to force feed us a good dose of vinegar.

After years of trying to scare us with imminent doom, I think it is time for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment