Tuesday, January 2, 2018

So why haven't I been posting much?

Because life throws you curve balls. Once in a while you connect; often you swing and miss; and sometimes the ball hits you in the head and knocks you unconscious, and you lie there for years, wondering about your place in the universe.

If you want a different metaphor, perhaps one that Dr.Jordan B. Peterson might use (WATCH HIS VIDEOS--any of them, all of them) would suffice: in the last five years (maybe more like seven), I have spent a great deal of the time in the Underworld, with occasional side trips to hell. In that time, I have unfortunately discovered that I am about 90% deadwood. And I've been spending a lot of time  and prayer trying to figure out how to salvage and use the remaining 10% for which there may (or may not) be potential.

Yeah, yeah, everyone has problems. Suffering is a core component of Being (Dr. Peterson... I'm going to be quoting him a lot from now on, because like thousands of other people all over the globe, I've kind of taken him on as a shrink and mentor). But thanks be to God, it feels as though I am emerging back into the sunlight once more. I believe 2018 is going to be a great year, because I'm going to do my best to make it so. Life is full of choices, and every one we make "tilts the world a little bit, either towards heaven or hell". (Dr. Peterson again, but he's just repeating basic Christian theology.)

Happy January 2. May God richly bless you this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment