Friday, December 11, 2009

You said a mouthful, Gordon.

From Yahoo news:

This is what worries me about the climate summit in Hopenchangen. I am one of those "men and women" of whom Mr. Brown speaks, and I don't particularly want my life "reshaped", unless I myself decide to reshape it. Especially worrisome is the "legally binging within six months" part.
"There are few moments in history when nations are summoned to common decisions that will reshape the lives of men and women potentially for generations to come," said British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. "This world deal in Copenhagen must be ambitious, global, comprehensive [sic] legally binding within six months."


Take a page from Pope Benedict's Caritas in Veritate.

But it should also be stressed that it is contrary to authentic development to view nature as something more important than the human person.

No comments:

Post a Comment