Sunday, October 2, 2011

And while we're on the topic of "without my permission"

No one asked me if I wanted to be in this book, either. I would probably have said yes, editorial staff, but gosh, it would have been nice to be asked.

[time lapse, followed by edit]

OK, I'm calmer now. I've "looked inside" the book, courtesy of Amazon's "look inside this book" feature, and the editorial board claims they tried to contact the authors. They couldn't have tried very hard. All you have to do is google my name and you'll find me through Facebook, Catholic Insight or (most recently) MercatorNet. In the introduction, the editors invite the authors to contact the board, so I will.
.

5 comments:

  1. I guess you'd better contact him to let him know where to send your royalty checks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yes, just in case the book is outselling, say, Harry Potter or sumpin'. Money is not the issue. It's a question of common courtesy. And maybe well, legality. I obviously need to do a LOT more research about copyright law. It's hard enough for writers to scratch together a little pocket money as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm...Ah, I'm dobbing. I wonder if Michael O'Brien knows you just mentioned those two evil words, Mrs Pink - "Harry" & "Potter".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what Honey Badger would do. Class action. Honey Badger doesn't give s--t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter! Evil! (heh) Yah, I did that on purpose, which makes me evil too. Mrs. Blurn, a correction (feeling sheepish). Mr. O'B. didn't edit or compile this book, as I had originally thought. That's why I changed the post. It was published by the Maryvale Insititute in the UK. (Same folks, I believe, who publish The Sower, a really great catechetical journal for which I have also written). They claim they attempted to contact the authors so I have to take their word for it. Go, Honey Badger!

    ReplyDelete