Monday, March 11, 2013

Character home--and then some

When one has a roof over one's head, one shouldn't complain about the aesthetics of one's home, but I often lament having to live in a split level designed and built in the mid-70s. When it comes to residential architecture, I think the 1970s was the single most UN-inspiring decade in the history of the universe. But when you move to an area with a limited real estate market (and only have, like two weeks to buy a house), you can't be too choosey. Other bonus: when we bought, housing prices were (I kid you not) in the five-digit range. So we paid off our mortgage in five years.  And yet, I have always wanted to live in a character home. And believe me, some homes have more character than others.


h/t Nordic Thoughts
.

No comments:

Post a Comment