Thursday, December 16, 2010

As long as we're talking about evil foods...

We tried this killer recipe yesterday, and it's fabulous. I really don't want to know how much fat there is per serving, but you could always substitute plain yogurt for the mayo. I was pretty leery about combining milk and tomato sauce, but trust me, the end result is worth it. Ultimate comfort food.

Chili Crab

1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium green pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1/4 cup onion flakes (I used fresh onion instead)
1/2 lb crab meat (about 225 g)

2/3 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
1 cup milk
7 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Combine first 5 ingredients in ungreased 2 quart (2 L) casserole. Stir to distribute evenly. Mix next 6 ingredients in bowl. Pour into casserole. Stir. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Serves 4 to 6.

From Company's Coming: Fish and Seafood.

(Revelation: try substituting curry powder for the chili, or better yet, use both.)

UPDATE: Be still, my pounding heart! Just visited the CC website and the BREAD COOKBOOK IS BACK (By popular demand)..........Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Oh Oh, where can I get me one of those????

    ReplyDelete