Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nutrition not required, thank you.

Mr. Pinkerton, having just come in from the cold, was wondering how to make a hot toddy. I'd always though it was just rum, hot water and sugar, but I decided to google it to find some 'real' recipes. I got 90,000 hits. And there is probably a different recipe on each site. I thought this one, from Chatelaine, was fairly typical:

3 tbsp ( 1.5 oz/45 mL) brandy

1 tsp ( 5 mL) granulated sugar
2 (up to 3) cloves
1 lemon slice
3/4 cup ( 175 mL) boiling water


And fairly funny. The recipe included this line:

Sorry, there is no nutrition information available for this recipe.


As if anyone looking to drink a hot toddy is concerned about what vitamins they might be ingesting. Calories, maybe, but I've found it rather curious that they are never posted on liquor bottles. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment