Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brain convergence

Oh joy! Mrs. Beazly and her lovely family have winged their way across the nation and will be staying at my house THIS VERY NIGHT. No time to blog. Must cue (or queue?) up the Avetts iTunes playlist and whip up a batch of homemade Fruit Medley ice cream (strawberries, peaches and blueberries-- one of the best-tasting ice creams we've made so far). And maybe bake a cake, if I have time.

Just for the heck of it, here's the dessert we (well, actually my girls made it, not I) served last year when the Beazlys graced us with their presence.



Crispy Fruit Pizza

Recipe found on pages 48-49 of this kids' cookbook, which, being part of the Original Series, is probably (unfortunately) now out of print. 

5 comments:

  1. I SAID I wanted CHOCOLATE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate is already made. Actually, it's Hazelnut Chocolate and it's lactose-free. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't think I would make the fruit flavoured FIRST, do you? Just in case the machine broke down or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please make sure you can remember the recipe for the chocolate hazelnut ice cream for next time I drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will do. Er... will TRY. (I didn't write it down...mybad).

    ReplyDelete