Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lord, deliver us

From whatever or whomever (I think we know) is causing priests to lose (or temporarily misplace) their minds. Not another one...

I once recall asking our priest why he hadn't joined "Priests for Life", and he answered tongue in cheek: "I'm a member of Priests for Eternal Life." Now I understand.

Repeat after me: "I am for Paul; I am for Apollos--NOT" and please note: sometimes Paul or Apollos can be a cause (even a very worthy one), not a person. Saving babies from death is very very very very very very important, but it's not as important as saving immortal souls from hell. If any believer, ordained or layperson, has lost sight of this, then it's time for a rethink.
.

2 comments:

  1. I think the quality of priests may be similar to politicians in that we get either what we need or what we deserve. With 80+% of Catholics contracepting, I think we've written our own ticket to the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and it's bleakish at times. Thanks for commenting, cliff! (I've enjoyed your blog)

    ReplyDelete