Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal wedding


I hadn't planned to write anything about this, or even to watch it, but when my Merc editor asked if I might, I admit that royal fever got the best of me, if only temporarily (ironically, it was a PBS documentary --ie. an American program-- that made me finally determine to stay up and watch it live). It was the usual stuff: hype about dresses and silly hats (Princess Beatrice? Come on, this isn't Wonderland), and I felt as sad and cynical as anyone at seeing this long-time cohabiting couple do their church wedding. But there were some positives too. MercatorNet's Family Edge.

.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't stay up to watch the wedding, but I did catch some highlights the next day. Who doesn't love to see happy people getting married? I hope that God will bless them, and all married couples, with the grace to live up to their vows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't stay up to watch it and I didn't see any highlights and I didn't read anything in the paper. I was conserving all my energy for Saturday night to watch the Beatification of Pope John Paul II, which I did till 3:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete