Saturday, January 5, 2013

As another Christmas comes to a close

please enjoy more of the beautiful works of Helge Artelius.


I'm sure there is some perfectly rational Swedish explanation for this first one, but I prefer to think of it as a depiction of an important event in the Naked Mohawk Babies' mythology.
 I like these two because they make me think of Miss B. who is, as Sloppy might say, "A baker and a skater and a mangler in a million million."

 And then there's what I'm going to call The Cross-Country Ski into Egypt. At least, I'm assuming this is the Madonna and Child; the website didn't  say.
I love these ethnic depictions of members of the Holy Family. (Check out William Kurelek's A Northern Nativity .) They are beautiful reminders that "Jesus out of every nation has redeemed us by His blood."

Not Artelius, but also interesting and beautiful:



.


No comments:

Post a Comment