Monday, June 3, 2013

Shred Day 8; the first week's reckoning



So I've been at this for a week now. Time to get out the measuring tape (I'm using fat/inches loss and not weight as an indicator; more on that later). After 7 workouts, I've lost just over 5 inches on my overall measurements (not just the usual three 'hourglass' places that ladies measure, but eight areas, including upper arm and thigh circumference). My torso is the area of greatest concern, because I am an "apple" shape, and women who pack fat around the midsection (and hence visceral organs) seem to be at a greater risk of heart disease. So I am happy to say that I lost 2.5 inches off my waist this past week. I don't expect the results to be that dramatic in the coming weeks, but I am certainly encouraged by this.

Miss P and I did our 8th Shred workout at noon today (we are still on Level 1). I knew right away that it was going to be difficult, because I felt really tired during the very first (of three) cardio circuits. Afterwards, I felt shaky and dizzy and even a little nauseated. I don't know what's up with that... maybe there's some kind of nutrition/sleep/caffeine imbalance going on. Or maybe I'm getting a migraine headache or maybe my body is just rebelling from being pushed so hard. (It's not as though I'm 25 years old--does Jillian have a senior's fitness video, I wonder?)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment