Friday, September 30, 2016

Busy in the kitchen

Yeah, as if my week hasn't been busy enough... I made potato buns yesterday (I CANNOT throw out the water when I boil potatoes. It makes the most delicious soft buns you can possibly imagine). I had to make homemade buns, because they need to be made into sandwiches for a road trip, with the turkey I roasted earlier this week. (I had to cook a turkey, because we're going to be travelling on Thanksgiving Day.) 



My potato bun recipe is loosely based on Jean Pare's
"Awesome Potato Rolls" in her Company's Coming "Breads" cookbook


If I receive a significant number of requests in the comment section (1 or more),
I will happily post the recipe. 
I have the First Edition;
it's quite beat-up, as a favourite cookbook should be. 

Second Edition, Available at Amazon 


Yesterday, I also made Salsa Cruda (raw salsa). I suppose I could post this on a Raw Organic Vegan Gluten-free website, because the salsa is pretty much all of the above. But then again, I could not, because there is no recipe. It was one of those "Enough for Your Family" recipes, where you make it up as you go along. I can tell you that it contained chopped tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, red pepper, avocado, cilantro, two crushed garlic cloves, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, chili powder, and black pepper. But not the amounts, sorry. It tasted ok, but I thought something was missing. Not sure what. I'll keep experimenting. The kids liked it though, and it certainly was healthy enough. So there's that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment