Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why yes, I DO want my man to smell like he could bake me a gourmet cake in the dream kitchen he built for me with his own hands!



I would also like him to do all those things, but (to paraphrase Monty Burns) alas, it is beyond the powers of a mere body wash.



I heard about the Old Spice Man Twitter phenomenon from my brother-in-law about a month ago so I am commenting on it in timely fashion. Here's my in-depth assessment of this completely original ad campaign: it's FUNNY! But the concept will only grow stale as other lame-oes try to pile on the bandwagon. So enjoy this advertising innovation before the wheels come right off.

Yes, I am on the cutting edge of social media! What can I say? I am just one ridiculously lazy person. I can't blog about everything.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those Old Spice commercials, especially the one that ends up on the horse. Alas, since I don't have all the special cable channel anymore, I don't get them. Or maybe I'm just watching the wrong channels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that feminists will hate these ads. They are indeed very funny. And I'm not on a horse. But I do wish my man was shaped like that one, even if he didn't smell like him. Or maybe I'm just watching the wrong channels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids won't stop saying, "Hellllo, Ladies."

    ReplyDelete