Thursday, February 28, 2013

His last day as pope

Full video here, as well as text of his final address.



This was my favourite quotation:

Here, one can touch what the Church is – not an organization, not an association for religious or humanitarian purposes, but a living body, a community of brothers and sisters in the Body of Jesus Christ, who unites us all. To experience the Church in this way and almost be able to touch with one’s hands the power of His truth and His love, is a source of joy...
We can, of course, physically touch Christ's power, truth, love and joy in the Eucharist, but also in each other. At the heart of the faith is not a creed or dogma, but the living person of Jesus Christ, whom we carry in our hearts.  Evangelization is being in relationships, and carrying Christ to the heart of another.
.

.

2 comments:

  1. My heart jumped into my throat when I read that part too. So beautiful...and eloquent. I'm going to miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choked up when they closed the helicopter door. I thought, "That's it; he's really gone." Right now, I can't watch any of the news footage of him leaving the Vatican without my eyes welling up.

    ReplyDelete