Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Lord knows our ways

This cut n' pasted directly from EWTN's daily Mass readings. (Red stuff my additions).

Psalm 50: 
8I do not reprove you for your sacrifices; your burnt offerings are continually before me. (the Lord knew about my cooking even back then!)
9I will accept no bull from your house (my writing too, apparently), nor he-goat from your folds.
16But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to recite my statutes, or take my covenant on your lips? (he desires deeds before words)
17For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you. (OUCH... hello, daily life)
21These things you have done and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you, and lay the charge before you.
23He who brings thanksgiving as his sacrifice honors me; to him who orders his way aright I will show the salvation of God!"

I'll say it again, thank heaven for Lent-- and for online devotions--which help us to order our ways aright.

No comments:

Post a Comment