Sunday, January 22, 2012

Same continent, different worlds

Sheesh. I just tried to order some stuff (for the kids!) from Amazon.com (based in the U.S.) because Amazon.ca (based in Canada) has oh, let's say ZERO items of the product I was interested in.


Then at the checkout, I get this message on 99% of my items.


We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination.




"Can't"? Cuz as we all know, the logistics of carrying something across the Canada/U.S. border is so difficult and/or bewildering, due to the shark-infested waters, burning-oil-filled moats, dense forests, huge mountain ranges, marauding Eskimo drug-lords, and so forth.


I mean, how difficult could this be? They can put a man on the moon, but they "can't" ship a toy across the border of two countries that both speak English and have relatively competent postal services?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment