Friday, March 16, 2012

Why is it

That when you go to the hairstylists, you ask for this:




But you end up with something like this:




Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!




or this:




...which is totally cute on David Cassidy... in 1974, but on a 40-something (extremely 40-something) mother of 7 in 2012, not so much.


(UPDATE)
Or this, which is kinda what it looked like after I tried styling it at home:



Hey, maybe if I wore a gold jumpsuit, no one would notice my hair!

Oy vay. Looks like I'm going to have to wear a ponytail till July (and thank the Lord that I still have enough to put into a ponytail). Or get it cut super-short, which (as Daria attests) makes husband sad. 
.

1 comment:

  1. This is so very,very addressed to my situation. My Beckham bob has grown down to my shoulders and I have to do something bout it before Easter. This is complicated by the fact that dear husband always looks sad when I arrive home after a haircut. He refuses to see what long stringy hair does to women of a certain age. Your top picture is exactly what I'd like, and Florence H's shag is exactly what my hair does, having an annoying tendency to flip out rather than under.

    ReplyDelete