Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 28: The Shred must go on


What a tiring weekend. We did our three-hour road trip to my home town yesterday and visited with my Ma and Pa, and some assorted uncles, brothers, sisters, SILs, nieces and nephews. We attended the First Communion and Confirmation of a niece and nephew and a good time was had by all. Pursuant to my Day 26 Shred post, my eyes did prove to be bigger than my stomach, but my stomach did a shameless job keeping pace. No, I did not stuff myself--not once--but I ate more than I needed to. Which really doesn't take much, since, being overweight, I need very little. We traveled late today, and did not get home till 9:30 pm, at which point we still had to unpack and all that jazz. So I didn't get to my workout till after 10 pm. I was dead tired from not having a good sleep last night, and having a painful flareup of the chronic problems in my neck and upper back. But skipping the workout was not an option. I continued with Level 3, but did not even attempt some of the harder moves. And I went back to the 3 lb weights (the mere thought of doing jumping jacks with 5 lb weights in each hand was slightly more than I could bear tonight). And I must be a slow learner, but I'll say it again: no higher-fat foods in the evening. I'm going to repeat that mantra until it actually sinks in.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment