Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shred Day 14: energized


I felt the need to burn off some restless energy today, so after finishing the brunch dishes, I hopped on the treadmill. I'm not sure how far I ran, but it was at least 3 km (about 25 minutes or so). I say "or so" because I was attached to that goofy emergency shut-off thing, and I accidentally hit the cord with my hand and shut off the machine, wiping out all my info and having to start over from zero for the last part of my run. I took a bit of a cool down recovery period, and then did the Shred workout Level 2 about 45 minutes later. It was still really hard (and will be, I suspect, for a while yet). I don't look forward to doing the workout; it still feels like a chore. But the exercise is having a positive impact on my energy level. I find it easier to do my other work around the house; I don't procrastinate as much, and I seem to get it done more quickly. Or maybe the adrenalin high is just giving me hallucinations. Oh well, at least they're good hallucinations of tidier rooms and cleaner kitchen countertops.

Last night I allowed myself a few fatty/salty treats again, and I think it was a mistake. After having a lousy sleep and feeling slightly unwell upon waking,  I have come to the conclusion that if I must snack in the evening,  it won't be on junk food like potato chips and stuff like that.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment