Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Shred Day 30: No, we will not "see you tomorrow."


That's usually what Jillian signs off with: "See you tomorrow." But I won't. What I will see tomorrow is my scale, and my measuring tape, and (only if I feel like it), my treadmill or my mini-trampoline, or just a long, long walk (provided it's not raining and the mosquitoes aren't too bad). I don't like Level 3. At all. But since it's still a challenge, I may go back to it in a couple of weeks, just to make sure I'm not losing any of the gains I've made in terms of strength, stamina, etc. But I'm looking forward to doing other fitness activities, like running. I kid you not, after Level 3 of Shred, doing 5 km on the treadmill is going to seem like a walk in the park. Without mosquitoes.

I did my 30th Shred workout this morning about 9:00 a.m., which was a good time. I hadn't done enough housework to be tired, and the caffeine from morning coffee hadn't yet worn off.  After a workout, I am also less inclined to eat things from the naughty list--probably because I am less inclined to eat anything: the ab exercises make my stomach feel as though it has been turned inside out. But given that it afftects my eating habits for the better, I should probably do my exercising earlier in the day than 9 or 10 at night. If only life cooperated all the time.

I was able to keep pace with the Shred Level 3 today, but still could not perform all the "difficult" versions of the exercises. Especially that jump-lunge thing in Circuit 2 (above), which is just insane. But I keep improving: the first time I did Level 3, I could not even do 2 of those in a row, and by the end, I could do 10-12. (Natalie the demo-girl, who is not called a "badass" without reason, does about 20, but I never actually counted.) The human body is an amazing thing: fearfully, wonderfully, made and all that jazz.

And now, on with my day. It was raining when I got up, but it's sunny and breezy now, so maybe I can get a bit more work done in the garden. The veggie patch really needs weeding too.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment