Saturday, June 8, 2013

Shred Day 13



I knew going in that I was not going to enjoy today's workout. For one thing, I was tired even before we started. I have been doing heavy housecleaning (and moving furniture) to prepare for new windows being installed next week. For another thing, I ate too much at lunch (we exercised at 3 pm), and that put a psychological damper on things. I made the mistake of moving in view of a mirror for some of the exercises, and that put even more of a damper on things (I would much rather look at the super skinny demo girls than the Michelin Man spectre of myself in lycra).

I did the easy versions of many of the exercises, and thus barely survived Level 2 once again. As we near the halfway point of the 30 Day Shred, I feel vaguely disappointed that I don't feel in better shape overall, but doubtless my expectations are unrealistic. After all, I'm no spring chicken, and it takes time to get fit. By my calculations, it will take me roughly 14-16 weeks to lose the weight I feel I need to lose, so I don't know why I'm expecting miracles after only two weeks. Too many Reality TV weight loss shows, not enough reality.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment