Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Shred Day 17: some resolutions for the weekend


I had a really tiring day today: drove 45 mi. to nearest city (with three youngest girls) for Miss P#6's vocal exam, and also did some shopping, errands, and some of us got haircuts. Home just in time to cook dinner, wash dishes, start packing for an upcoming weekend trip. By 8 p.m. I was so tired that I just wanted to curl up on my bed and have a nap. A 14-hour nap. But I realized (groan) that I hadn't done my workout yet. Do you know what inspired me? Seeing the picture from yesterday's post. That got me right out of my chair. 

The workout went well, and I was even able to do some of the "hard" versions. But I felt horrible, both during the workout, and after-- because of having had fattier-than-usual food today (we went to Burger King for lunch--Miss P got to choose the restaurant) and probably for eating a bit too much both at lunch and supper. (Next time, I won't hesitate to throw away 1/3 of a burger if I know I've had enough. Either that, or just order LESS FOOD.) 

There is no food on earth worth feeling lousy for. So I hope I will have the discipline to eat sensibly this weekend, and also to find time to do my workouts.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment